WHAT ARE PC MUSCLES
The PC muscles are a sling-like set of muscles that support the pelvic organs such as the urethra, bladder, uterus and rectum. Maintaining these muscles is hugely important to a woman’s overall sensual health; see the information box to the right to see why. To strengthen and gain voluntary control over these pelvic floor muscles, standard Kegel exercising is usually prescribed.
WHY WOMEN USE LUNA BEADS
LUNA beads are designed as a convenient exercise aid for toning and preserving a woman’s circum vaginal and PC muscles. When using the beads, normal activities such as walking, running and swimming prompt the inner balls to roll around, creating discreet kinetic vibrations that lead the pelvic floor muscles to contract by themselves.
UNIQUE AND BODY-FRIENDLY DESIGN
Made with FDA approved phthalate-free ABS, the set includes two beads of 28 grams and two beads of 37 grams, each containing rubber-silenced inner balls that roll freely inside. Using individual beads, or the medical-grade silicone girdle to hold two beads in place, women can experiment to find the combinations that suit them best. This modular system also allows women to build up resistance as their PC muscles grow stronger with time.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF EXERCISING PC MUSCLES
For all women
- Tone muscles, increase circulation, develop neuromuscular control and enhance overall vaginal and rectal health
- Prevent or treat urinary incontinence
- Keep hemorrhoids under control and possibly prevent them
- Enhance sexual performance, sensitivity, arousal and pleasure
- Make it easier to achieve orgasm and increase orgasm intensity
For new or aspiring mothers
- Increase the chances of conception by reaching orgasm
- Protect the vagina by learning to relax and control the muscles for labor and delivery
- Set the stage for a swifter postpartum recovery
- Help vagina to regain tightness after childbirth
For older women
- Prepare the body for an easier menopause
- Improve vaginal wall thickness
- Increase natural lubrication